Friday, August 26, 2005

Weddings Galore!

So, I have been to like, a bajillion weddings so far this year so far...well, 5 actually, but still that is loads. Now, I love weddings, but really, this year has almost been enough to put me off!!
One of which my boyfriend was the best man for. Of course I played the part of the very proud girlfriend perfectly, even though I really dont like the couple who got married! This particular wedding was done on somewhat of a budget! Like TIGHT ASS budget - although I have to admit, it was still a great day.
The thing that got me, was that my boyf and I took time off work to go down and help set everything up, like everything, the food, the flowers, EVERYTHING, and all we got in way of a thank you, was a generic email with the name changed at the top!! HUMPH!!!!
First of all - RUDE...and well, thats my point really. We really worked out asses of for the whole 4 days, and still drove for 4 hours on the Monday to make sure everything was done and what ever. So, I guess what I am trying say is that I am all for helping and taking part and stuff - but really, dont take the p*£s!!

ANYWAY - the point of this is to say that I went to an AMAZING wedding last weekend! It was so beautiful, and very traditional. The location, the company, the food, everything. It was clearly a no expense spared event, and it was thouroughly enjoyed by everyone who attended. So thanks to HELEN AND JAMES and good luck and best wishes for your many years together!!

No comments: